Orlando - FL, ORL2, 1958 Summit Park Dr, 32810
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Actions Reorganization team is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and allocation of funds and stock on corporate actions. The ideal candidate must be able to create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. Our group processes corporate actions, including name changes, forward splits, cash and stock mergers, tenders merger elections, subscription offers, conversions, redemptions, etc. We work with our external depository/custodians (Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, BNY Mellon, and Citibank) to process allocations to our clients. Other duties include the managing of communications with clients involving voluntary offers and proxies.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director will report to the VP of Corporate Actions and will be responsible for managing a staff of 25, including three managers. In the role, the Managing Director will make sound decisions on administrative and operational matters and will be held accountable for results. The individual will be responsible for driving strategic projects to meet client expectations, improve operating efficiency, and comply with industry changes. The Corporate Actions Reorganization team will be responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions of a distribution/corporate action are considered prior to posting allocations to client accounts. The Managing Director must have a passion for serving our clients as well as developing our employees. The individual must be focused on delivering outstanding customer service, while maintaining operational controls to ensure we meet our service levels and regulatory obligations and must have a proven track record of building an engaged workforce.
What you have:
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience preferably in Operations and Corporate Actions.
- 5+ years of management experience to include building engaged and efficient teams.
- Drive employee engagement and be accountable for results.
- Inspires teams and effectively lead teams through change while addressing significant obstacles.
- Series 7; 24 and/or 9/10 licenses are required (may be obtained as a condition of employment).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and communicates effectively to teams in multiple locations.
- Results orientated. Ability to implement and measure service level agreements effectively.
- Process improvement experience with constantly looking for control and service gaps and proactively proposing changes.
- Project management experience, including the definition of business requirements.
- Effectively build and foster strong business partnerships.
- Ability to work independently while knowing when to escalate issues for management consideration.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Involves others in a process or decision, to ensure their support.
- Develops other indirect strategies to influence others.
- Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Helps people to develop a clear understanding of what they will need to do differently, as a result of changes in the organization.
- Develops distinctive strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage; translates strategies into clear goals and objectives
- Recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Coaches others to instill a sense of accountability; uses ownership as a way to empower people towards greater results
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, International-6+ yrs, Corporate Staff-6+ yrs, Human Resources-6+ yrs, Legal-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||FL - Orlando
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017