Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Asset Transfer Services Department (ATS) is responsible for facilitating the account transfer process on behalf of Schwab clients. We aspire to create client loyalty by providing quality and timely execution of equity transfers between Schwab and external Financial Services firms. Our goal is to be a leader within the industry, by creating a collaborative relationship with our business partners and developing our employees.
What you’ll do:
The ATS Specialist will perform functions related to the incoming transfer of equities between external financial institutions and Schwab. The Specialist must have the ability to maintain a good working relationship with our retail and institutional business partners, brokerage firms, banks, transfer agents, and trust companies. This individual must not only be technically proficient but will need to effectively resolve client issues while maintaining a positive impact on the client experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review client & contra information in order to successfully process equity transfers
- Establish the submission and tracking of transfers using our internal databases
- Work closely with clients, business partners, and other firms to resolve transfer problems
- Communicate transfer status updates to both internal and external clients
- Inbound and outbound phone calls with business partners and clients to meet their needs.
- Monitor and address transfer rejects using various resources
What you have:
- 1-5 years of financial services experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent client service skills
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain accuracy while processing and taking a high volume of hotline calls
- Strong analytical, research, data entry, and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask to meet phones and process service levels
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Detailed oriented
- Previous transfer experience preferred
- Series 7 license preferred
This position may be filled at an Associate or Specialist level based on experience.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
- Lets customers know he/she is willing to work with them to meet their needs.
- Ability to summarize or paraphrase understanding of what others have said to verify understanding and prevent miscommunication.
- Actively seeks accountability and measures performance.
- Acknowledges own opportunities and limitations; seeks and accepts feedback from colleagues and leaders
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-less than 2yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, May 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017