Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director provides clients, prospects, consultants, internal client facing staff/salespeople, and/or intermediaries with ongoing education, updates and information about investment products, and the investment philosophy, strategy, process, and performance of specific products. Frequently attends and speaks at industry events and conferences, both Schwab sponsored and events hosted by outside organizations. Internal contacts may include: portfolio management for investment strategy sessions and meetings; product management to provide input into shareholder communications, sales presentations and the development and ongoing improvement of product support materials; internal and external Schwab sales teams in support of the Schwab retail branch network, call centers, client educational efforts (conference calls, webcasts, meetings at the branches, etc.), and/or retirement business development, and with external sales to meet with individual RIA firms nationwide. External contacts may include: Financial Advisors, independent investment consultants, RIAs, Schwab retail clients, and/or third party portfolio managers. The Managing Director will have significant amount of interaction with IMS senior management. Candidate provides subject matter expertise for occasional media inquiries.
- A Subject Matter Expert for ETFs and Mutual Funds within CSIM.
- Develops and delivers a clear message; defining and setting appropriate expectations for CSIM products in multiple distribution and media channels.
- May be asked to play a key supporting role in new business efforts (e.g., roadshows, finals presentations, consultant and/or gate-keeper meetings, round tables and other client events).
- Supports product marketing efforts by providing input on Marketing Collateral (e.g. decks, shareholder materials, RFPs).
- Responsible for participating in training, developing and motivating peers to enhance presentation performance; may orient new team members and familiarize them with policies and procedures, responsibilities, and expected performance results.
- Participate in Team functions, relating common experiences and developing transferable skills.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or equivalent desirable but not required.
- CFA desirable but not required.
- 15 or more years of experience in institutional investment management, investment management consulting, portfolio management or significant investment related experience.
- Deep subject matter expertise in traditional investment styles and vehicles (i.e., ETFs, mutual funds) and investment strategy.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
- Able to present articulately to large groups: ex. industry conferences, webcasts, internal meetings, etc.
- Excellent client relationship management and marketing/sales skills.
- Ability to think strategically; anticipate industry and economic trends, adapt to unexpected influences and developments and to assess their impact on the financial markets. Strong business acumen for supporting the broader decision making needs of CSIM’s most senior business leaders.
- Ability to analyze problems and create effective solutions- break complex problems down into their component parts, as well as organize information from different sources to create an action plan or recommendations. Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of asset management business, investment products and evaluation of intangibles.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NJ - Jersey City, OH - Richfield, CO - Lone Tree, MA - Boston, CO - Denver
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017