Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Web Technology group (RWT) provides a high quality, common Retail Web Trading platform for all Schwab clients including advisers, individuals and active investors.
We are looking for a talented web Front-End senior developer to join the Retail Web Technology trading team. This individual should be a technical leader and have a passion for keeping up-to-date and using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for providing vision, design, and leadership to the technology teams.
- Provide documentation, build sample views, best practices, code reviews, provide performance and security analysis, provide guidance, and contribute to coding tasks as necessary.
- Participate in a leadership capacity in software engineering using advanced development patterns and build high performing, scalable web applications with modular widgets/views.
- Evolve and enhance existing web applications.
- Actively collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies. You must have the ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Applying client side MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and angularJS
- Experience with:
- Web Accessibility
- Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB
- Web API and RESTful service
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems is a plus
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017