Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As an asset class, the mutual fund platform at Schwab was the first and remains the largest offering for our valued clients. Over 17,000 mutual funds are offered today to clients of Schwab’s various businesses serving individual investors, registered investment advisors, retirement plans, and other institutional clients. The Mutual Fund Adds & Support (“MFAS”) teams within Operational Services manage a variety of integral components within the mutual fund platform including the addition and maintenance of mutual fund securities and both contractual engagements and billing processes with fund partners. We collaborate directly with external third party asset management firms and internal business partners to accomplish this critical work.
What you'll do:
As a Mutual Funds Contracts Manager in MFAS you will be responsible for mutual fund additions, maintenance, and contractual administration processes with third party asset management firms. The Manager will help develop and strengthen the team’s processes, systems, and critical talent in an effort to deliver positive outcomes for the platform and clients that we support. Key areas of focus will include, but are not limited to, the below items:
- Prepare and negotiate contracts in a high volume environment. Act as an effective liaison between attorneys and business partners to address issues as they relate to contracts and take a leadership role in resolving inconsistencies in contracts across asset management firms.
- Partner with leadership of MFAS to quickly build and maintain strong working relationships with a suite of colleagues across the Business Channels, Technology, Compliance, National Accounts, and Corporate Counsel. Directly engage in an effort to understand and align on shared business needs, desired outcomes, and current pain points.
- Maintain and enhance policies and procedures relating to contracts consistent with legal, compliance and business needs.
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to organize and prioritize the collective demands of the MFAS teams.
- Own decisions that require an in-depth knowledge of Schwab and the mutual fund industry more broadly. Demonstrate the ability to quickly research and obtain critical information that is required for decision-making.
- Advocate for the efficient flow of information and ensure that related systems deliver intuitive and natural interfaces
- Identify, monitor, and actively manage risk of the contracts process.
What you have:
- Experience in the financial services or operational industry. A strong knowledge of mutual funds is preferred; Experience or exposure to working with contracts and other legal documents or similar, relatable work, required.
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to translate and simplify complex industry and technical issues into concepts that are easily digested.
- A history of building and maintaining a strong network of productive personal relationships. Strong negotiating, influencing, facilitation, collaborative, and conflict resolution skills. Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to build an environment of empowerment in order to foster ideas, change process and team building.
- Healthy planning and organizational abilities including the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and long-running projects simultaneously, making necessary real-time adjustments.
- Exquisite attention to detail and experience with rigorous quality control methodologies with a focus on accuracy and an eye for continuous improvement. Exposure or hands-on experience with workflow automation systems a plus.
- Advanced desktop software knowledge/skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Appropriate use of discretion and judgment balanced with risk management and escalation skills.
- Education; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Licenses: Series 7 and 63 a plus. A condition of employment may be extended in unique circumstances where required licenses are not yet obtained.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, April 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, June 19, 2017