El Paso - TX, ELPASO, 1945 Northwestern Drive, 79912-1108
Brett Anders Almquist
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Operational Services organization at Schwab is comprised of centralized teams that support Schwab business goals through the delivery of technology, operations, projects, business continuity and offshore management. The focus is on maximizing operating leverage by integrating functions, increasing productivity and gaining efficiencies in order to better position Schwab to compete in the marketplace and to reinvest in areas that matter most to our clients.
The Document Control Department within Operational Services performs a variety of first touch functions for clients, financial advisors and internal business partners. We sort and scan incoming documents into our imaging system and index them into proper workflows. In our Client Records area, we provide duplicate copies of statements, trade confirmations and Schwab issue tax forms to our clients as well as provide microfilm copies of documents to our business partners.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our El Paso Document Control team you will be responsible for sorting incoming mail, analyzing incoming documents, scanning documents into our imaging system and indexing them into proper workflows. This ensures the requests are handled promptly and efficiently. In this role, flexibility is a key aspect as our representative will be asked to switch gears throughout the day to assist with meeting critical cut-off times and/or high volume processing spikes. Productivity, quality, accuracy and accountability are key attributes that will mark the finalists for this position.
Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this role:
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality service and meet internal and external client expectations and deadlines
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
- Be extremely detail oriented and conscientious
Those hired into this position may also help in other processing areas with functions requiring comparable qualifications.
Compensation: Employees in our El Paso Document Control teams are paid a salary commensurate experience and skills and receive additional compensation for overtime hours. In addition, employees have the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you have:
Required minimum qualifications are:
- Ability to prioritize routine multiple tasks effectively within well-defined guidelines and time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Solid analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email
- Excellent PC skills and typing speed of at least 30 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both verbal and written
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Passion for working in a team environment – contributing toward departmental and team goals and objectives.
- Enjoy working in a structured environment during specified hours as determined by business need.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- 2+ years of college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area; degree is preferred.
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in financial services, operations, or client support is desired.
- Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize over 7 open programs at one time – a plus.
Please note: flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are Sunday through Friday 6 am to 7pm MST. Our staffing needs will be evaluated during your first few weeks of training and your initial schedule will be assigned at that time. Depending on your schedule, you may be eligible for a shift differential. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - El Paso
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017