Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The technical lead developer will be a highly motivated, self-driven individual, well versed in the distributed technology area. This position will be responsible for leading development, testing and deployment in support of Customer Communication Management (CCM) documents such as Tax Forms, Statements, Confirmations and Letters. This position will collaborate with individuals from across Schwab from different supporting organizations and business groups to successfully complete projects. Flexibility and broad knowledge of various technology solutions and architecture is required, with the ability to document system components and specifications for the diverse applications supported in our area. The role will interact with business and technology teams, including contingent workforce to understand requirements, complete impact analysis, make coding changes and test, coordinate various stages of testing with business and/or other technology teams, complete and monitor production implementations and provide technology and production support. Specific responsibilities include: understanding the overall technology landscape to understand where this fits into the big picture, working with senior designers and architects, coding JAVA and Linux scripts, identifying and troubleshooting issues when asked to and following technical governance and development process to ensure the changes are created with the highest quality. The work also includes reviewing requirements and translating into a technical design, communicating clearly with peers and technical audiences, coding and testing the result at a unit and system level as well as supporting our QA and UAT testing activities.
What you’ll do:
- Strong problem solving in the production environment
- Deliver technical strategies and solutions, application development, and end-users services
- Lead projects to implement new or enhance existing functionalities including articulating requirements and translating them into effective technical solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with team members and stakeholders
- See the big picture but also navigate the details
- Work collaboratively as a team player to develop mutually acceptable solutions, and act as a mentor to team
- Solve problems and provide support, taking responsibility to make decisions when appropriate
- Take on diverse set of projects and tasks
- Provide crisp and well-understood directives and communication
- Communicate on a technical and non-technical level to all levels of staff and management
- Track and manage dependencies across lines of business and platforms
- Understand applications from a technical and business perspective
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and lead by example
What you have:
- 10 years of hands on experience developing solutions in distributed application preferable in JAVA/LINUX/UNIX
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science (or equivalent)
- Experience in CCM-Customer Communication Management products like OpenText Exstream v8 and up, GMC Inspire, Abode, Connect, DOC1, etc is preferable.
- Exposure/experience CCM-Customer Communication Management and ECM-Enterprise Content Management products/strategies with focus on multi-channel communication solutions including HTML, Email, SMS, mobile push, print (high-volume AFP, TIIF, network/branch PCL), and PDF requirements is preferable.
- Exposure/experience with high volume reporting efforts and regulatory requirements is a plus
- Hands on experience with scheduling systems like ESP or CONTROL-M
- Knowledge of Mongo and Hadoop is a plus
- Mainframe (MVS/ISPF) experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize amongst projects and emerging production concerns coupled with the flexibility to make adjustments to that as the topography changes
- Deep understanding and/or ability to dig deep into the logic and business processes running on the distributed environments, including analyzing source system data, profiling data and arranging agreements with data providers
- Assume leadership role, and take responsibility to work with the business teams, participate in the requirements gathering process, analyze the business requirements to ensure technical feasibility and translate business requirements into technical functional requirements/specifications that can be used by technology team to design and develop effective solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with business, technical and offshore teams specifically writing technical design documents from requirements leading a team to implement distributed solutions.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate important information to all levels of management
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills, working with a distributed group of peers on technology projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Experience dealing with software vendors at a technical level is a plus
Strong knowledge and experience using MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio Drawing tool along with general familiarity with Outlook and other MS Office applications.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2017