Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Brett Anders Almquist
Looking for a career with purpose? Consider opportunities within our Participant Services (PS) team of financial service professionals, providing participants of employer sponsored retirement plans with guidance and solutions using advanced technology to deliver best-in-class service. Joining the PS Team is a great start to your Schwab career, as it will set the foundation for further growth and development as a financial professional.
Our investment in you and your career begins with a learning and career development experience designed to support you through various stages of training and skills development; leading you to successfully earn the Series 7 and 66 brokerage licenses. Earning your licenses will open doors to a number of career opportunities within Participant Services, and Schwab. Your team manager will act as a dedicated coach along with colleagues and internal business partners to support you in further developing your business acumen and financial knowledge.
“Participant Services Representatives are in a unique position. The moment you start the role you immediately have the opportunity to make a difference – a difference for our participants, department and our own professional growth.” – Michelle Gonzalez, Sr. Specialist Quality Assurance, Participant Services
Our employees on what it’s like to work at Schwab: http://schw.jobs/IwpBk
What you’ll do:
As a member of the Participant Services (PS) department in Retirement Plan Services (RPS) you’ll partner with participants of employer sponsored retirement plans, in an inbound call center environment, educating them on the specific details of their plan. Additionally you will educate them on all available tools and resources to help them reach their retirement and other financial goals.
Your career will begin as a Participant Services Associate building trust and inspiring confidence through exceptional service, one connection at a time. Additionally, you will:
- Complete a mix of instructor led classroom training and on-the-job learning (OJL) in your first year
- Learn about the fascinating world of financial services and the unique position Schwab has in the industry
- Perform in a fast paced, inbound service center environment representing Schwab in every interaction
- Use a consultative approach to identify needs and position solutions for our participants
- Practice active listening and open ended dialogue, to gain a thorough understanding of participants financial needs
- Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a participant’s future
- Resolve participant issues by leveraging technology and business experts within Schwab to identify efficient and effective methods to meet participant goals
- Evolve with our blended roles (for example chat, email communication, advice, coaching) by acquiring new skills and knowledge needed to grow both personally and professionally
- Work individually as well as in a team environment
- Successfully pass the Series 7 and 66 securities examinations
Once you’ve successfully earned your licenses, or if you already have them, your role will evolve and allow you to:
- Engage in more complex dialogue regarding retirement plan topics and financial situations
- Position solutions to participants which align to their goals and promote Schwab growth
- Execute trades
- Work towards becoming a Specialist or Sr. Specialist in the department
What you have:
- Successful completion of our Client Focus Assessment which measures potential talent and role fit
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for helping, servicing, and educating others; strong participant-focus and the desire to build relationships during each interaction
- Ability to use active listening skills and analyze participant account information to better understand their needs, motivations and objectives.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to proactively identify solutions to participant financial needs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Proven work ethic with a high level of integrity to build trust with our participant and colleagues
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- Embrace coaching and feedback for continuous improvement
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience required
Where you'll be:
This role is located in the Schwab office at 2423 E. Lincoln Dr., Phoenix, AZ 85016.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-less than 2yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-less than 2 yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Monday, April 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018