Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Fixed Income is a strategic priority for Schwab and the Sr. Manager in Fixed Income role provides an exciting opportunity to be a driver in continuing the growth, innovation and leadership of this effort. With over $145 billion in Fixed Income assets, an industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail channels. Within Fixed Income you have the opportunity to lead a team of Income Specialists partnering with our Branch Offices as a part of Charles Schwab - Investor Services. You will be expected to be a leader in championing our client’s goals, focusing on the recruitment, retention, and development of our people, displaying leadership courage, and collaborating to drive better results.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. Manager in Fixed Income, you will lead a team of specialists covering our California Region. Your team works with many of our largest and most sophisticated income investors, providing guidance and counsel with their fixed income needs; spanning across many solutions, focused on growing relationships and business development. Typical client interactions range from basic information and trade execution, to highly complex portfolio analysis and construction. As a leader of this team you will partner closely with our Branch Network in a wealth management context to deliver the best possible client experience, while consolidating and acquiring assets and providing appropriate solutions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the Schwab brand, be a brand ambassador in all interactions.
- Help design, communicate, and implement strategies related to your team’s function.
- Establish clear performance expectations and consistently communicate progress against those goals.
- Hold employees accountable for achievement of quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Deliver on key performance metrics, such as Client Satisfaction, Net New Assets, Solutions sales, and New to Firm relationships.
- Be a talent magnet, engaging in talent networks and encourage acquisitions of new talent for your function.
- Build and develop a high-performing and diverse team, leveraging complementary skills and abilities.
- Develop team members and foster their professional growth on an ongoing basis through effective and regular formal and informal coaching.
- Attract and retain top talent through focus on employee engagement, creation of a positive work culture and a strong orientation to personal growth and development
- Ensure appropriate supervision of all client/prospect related activities, in partnership with centralized supervision team.
What you have:
- Minimum 3+ years in sales leadership/financial services capacity.
- A strong understanding and grasp of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially related to fixed income.
- Expertise in all asset classes of fixed income as well as fixed income products including all sectors of the bond market, and other vehicles such as Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds and ETFs.
- Strong general management background including familiarity with human resources policies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Ability to establish rapport with and influence others.
- Industry certifications strongly preferred (CFA, CFP, CIMA)
- Bachelor degree required
- Series 7, 66, and 9/10 (may consider as a condition of employment)
- Desire to lead and coach investment professionals; while possessing strong mentoring and employee development skills
- Strong leadership, partnership and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 17, 2017