Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville Street, 27601-1701
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology (AST) team is responsible for building applications for financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more. AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you’ll do:
This Senior Development Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities including technical staff personnel management, scrum management oversight, and project leadership as the representative of a technical domain that is utilized by a variety of application consumers. The manager will be in charge of developers that are matrixed into a variety of feature teams to provide calculation, data, and service capabilities to other components in the system. This will require a high degree of collaboration across a variety of peers to balance the teams appropriately and ensure the domain staff is able to deliver on the projects while maintaining a high level of quality and stability. The team is focused on the backend components to provide the calculation data so the candidate should have experience both developing and managing this type of work. The candidate must possess a solid development background in the required technology areas to provide oversight and guidance to scrum teams and facilitate technological decisions. The manager will be responsible for full time, contractor, professional services, and offshore staff.
What you have:
- Proven track record successfully leading development staff using an agile methodology
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, recruiting personnel, offshore, and professional services.
- The candidate must have a strong history demonstrating these capabilities.
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Personnel management experience over technical staff including objective setting, career path guidance, and staff performance.
- Strong experience facilitating issue intervention
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize vision and direction in a way that drives contagious staff motivation
- Experience guiding offshore and/or professional services staff
- Strong estimation skills providing accurate estimates with defined risks and planned mitigations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business needs
- Self starter with outstanding multitasking capabilities.
- The person applying should thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with many moving part and a large variety of responsibilities
- Experience defining and deploying processes
- Strong object oriented design skills.
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- 5+ years experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Experience developing in C#, .NET, services and web applications BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with SQL, LINQ, WPF, Silverlight, ASP, Java Script, VB.NET, MongoDB, REST/Soap Services, HTML5, automation (unit test and QA)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018