Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Stock Plan Services Technology team is responsible for building applications to support the equity compensation business. These solutions are essential to manage company’s equity compensation plans, taxation, reporting, and much more.
What you’ll do:
Do you want to be part of a team that implements secure and extensible industry leading applications? Do you have a passion for building state of the art systems? We are looking for a strong Senior Java developer to design and develop system enhancements and new systems to support Schwab’s Stock Plan Services business. He or She will provide strong technical skills and leadership to the team to support development efforts.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Passionate about leveraging technology to build products that "wow" users
What you have:
The candidate MUST have demonstrated capabilities with object oriented design and development, strong communication skills, and the ability to lead and mentor other team members and interact with business partners to successfully interpret requirements and create effective solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development using Java Object Oriented Programming
- Solid understanding of Design Patters such as Factory, Singleton, Facade, Observer, Command, etc
- Expertise with Hibernate, Spring (Data, MVC, Boot), JUnit, Maven
- Proficient with tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence
- 5+ years of experience in building Web services (REST experience preferred)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Strong knowledge of web architecture/design and web best practices
- Demonstrated strong ability to interpret requirements and design solutions to fit those requirements
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills are necessary
- Ability to interact successfully with business partners and technology teams is required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with Message Queuing like RabbitMQ
- Logging and monitoring experience with Splunk, AppDynamics, Introscope
- Angular 2 experience a plus
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting is a plus
- Experience coding User Interfaces a plus
- Experience working with Cloud technologies a plus
- Experience with Oracle SQL/PL SQL, Mongo, NoSQL, Hadoop
- Experience with agile teams using ATDD or BDD methodologies
What you'll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
- Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, July 6, 2017