Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology (AST) team is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining Schwab’s primary digital channels. Our goal is to create a seamless experience across our mobile, web and downloadable platforms that are powerful yet simple for our customers to use.
As a subdomain of the AST Team, this opportunity is a position in the Schwab Intelligent Integration-Gateway for SalesForce team, which is responsible for building technology to support multiple internal teams such as Customer Services and Advisor Services to empower our business success. As a member of the AST CORE, you will be the 60/40 SalesForce Developer / SalesForce Administrator for the Gateway for SalesForce team.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated senior SalesForce Administrator and an individual with SalesForce development skills to join our web applications team. This individual should have a passion for the user experience and leading-edge visualizations and interactions. As a senior member of the engineering team you will participate in the design and implementation of SalesForce using modern web technologies, and mentor junior staff working on the platforms. You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture.You must actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities. You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner. Additionally, you will participate in the configuration, maintenance, and management of internal SalesForce org for environments such as Dev and QA, but also managing org for our customers. Our team SalesForce Administrators will manage certificates, security, org updates, packages, and build management through our internal build systems. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or higher
- Writing deployment scripts of Salesforce changes.
- Manage and implement customization requests by business owners, including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, custom objects etc.
- Create and modify list views, custom fields, picklist values, workflow characteristics, screen layout and functionality, and data design
- Create Salesforce release management and continuous integration processes and procedures to ensure that industry standards are being adopted and followed during the full deployment life cycle.
- Plan and maintain releases, deployment paths and environments including production releases for effective, efficient and non-disruptive build, test and deploy cycles.
- Manage source code for branch and merge strategy.
- Identify, document and manage constraints, issues and risks in a timely manner for mitigation and planning to minimize impacts to release schedule and quality.
- Provide troubleshooting, support, and problem resolution for Managed Package Application as required.
- Prepare application related documentation as required.
- Perform new release evaluations with business leads to address new functionality roll-out impact
- Develop and maintain Visualforce and Apex
- Develop and apply advanced Salesforce functionality to solve business problems and create customized solutions on the Force.com platform
- Huge passion for continuous improvement both technology and process
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, multi-tasking, and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and strong core values
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter spirit with a go-getter attitude
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017