Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville St, 27601-1701
Patricia A. Fessler
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology (AST) team is responsible for building applications for financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more. AST offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Developer will work closely with the development team and business analysts to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex portfolio management system. The job will include design and development of advanced reporting capabilities in the SPT applications while also addressing complicated scalability requirements. The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET C#, REST or Soap Services, Web APIs, MongoDB (or SQL) and experience implementing object oriented solutions for desktop and web based deployment. This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
What you have:
- 8+ year’s experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- 7+ years developing with C#, .Net
- 4+ years developing services – preferably REST services
- Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
- 4+ years programming to SQL databases
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017