Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Core Technology Solutions QA (CTS QA) is a centralized Software Quality Assurance/Testing group that delivers innovative and effective software testing services across a broad range of technology platforms within Schwab Technology Services. The group has established strong partnerships with diverse development and business teams to successfully deliver testing services for many applications and areas like Enterprise Security Master, Customer Account Technology, Integrated Client View, CRM SalesForce, Voice, Client Reporting, Tax, Fixed Income Trading and many more.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of this Sr. Staff Voice QA Engineer role is to provide effective QA and Testing leadership for the Voice QA team that supports testing of Schwab Voice systems. The Sr. Staff role will have a heavy focus on Test Automation and test process improvements to continually increase testing efficiency of Voice projects delivered in Agile. This role will also help extend QA support to Voice call recording & call routing while maturing the testing practices of CTI, IVR, Voice Biometrics etc.
Under direction of CTS QA Manager, the Sr. Staff QA Engineer / Voice QA Lead will
- Provide testing support for multiple Voice projects in Agile methodology
- Oversee development of test approaches, test strategies, test plans, and test results to ensure testing is right-sized and risk-based testing principles are applied
- Provide guidance (and mentor/coach) individual testers when necessary and act as escalation for all testing related issues with teams in different geographical locations and offshore team members
- Assist in negotiating overall product quality standards with development, business stakeholders and release manager and ensure adherence to major milestones while identifying dependencies and critical paths
- Participate in technical design reviews, requirements ambiguity, use case reviews, relevant governance activities
- Direct test automation activities of the team, and complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for any defect slippages
- Ensures QA processes are followed by Voice QA domain to ensure standardization and consistency
- Be accountable for all project or release test efforts for programs that span multiple domains, orgs and apps (including Limited System Integration or End to End Testing efforts for Voice projects)
- Provides overall QA status reporting and escalate issues/risks in a timely manner to Management and assist in resolution
- Be responsible for ongoing, continuous improvement to build testing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative QA practices and tools, and close collaboration with development and business
What you have:
- Minimum qualification - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years’ Software quality assurance / technical testing experience in one or more of the following Voice/Contact Center technologies namely Genesys, IVR, CTI, Voice Biometrics, Softphone, Call Recording, RCT, WFM, Nice, Nuance, Verint etc.
- At least 4+ years’ experience in leading QA teams in Voice Technology with a demonstrated ability in establishing testing strategies and test case development for Voice networks, Voice application and E2E test validations
- Preferred experience in defining automation frame works related to IVRs, Call routing, custom Softphone/CTI or one of the following automated tools in Voice: Cyara Solutions Replay, Selenium, Coded UI, Empirix Hammer etc.
- Ability to use risk-based testing approach and hands on experience in Agile methodology
- Demonstrated competency and familiarity with industry leading Test and software management tools like : Microsoft Test Manager, Zephyr, TFS, Quality Center, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with a demonstrated ability in using metrics to report across numerous levels within the technical and business organizations
- Strong analytical problem solving skills. Excellent self-organization skills with an demonstrated ability to work independently while being flexible in adapting to changing needs of the Business
- Good interpersonal skills to establish, build and maintain relationships across large complex organizations and business, technical functions, software vendor partners
- Understanding of testing web services using SOAP tools, performance testing tools would be advantageous
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2017