Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s Advisor Services Technology team builds and maintains applications for financial advisors and their clients. The websites, systems, and processes built by our team provide essential tools for our clients and partners.
Using cutting-edge technologies, industry-standard tools along with in-house developed solutions, and an efficient Agile Development approach we are at the forefront of technology innovation in the financial/brokerage industry. Portfolio Management Technology offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to demonstrate and grow their skills as they develop leading edge financial applications.
What you’ll do:
The Advisor Services Technology QA team seeks a highly skilled QA Lead with code development experience and skills, e.g. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person appropriate for this position is a leader who has a passion for developing and evolving test/automation frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code practices, test tooling, and data management tools & processes. The candidate will:
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation
- Establish and communicate automation strategies and processes
- Evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Be able and willing to perform hands-on automation scripting and execution tasks
- Have hands-on experience with two or more UI automation tools/frameworks
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Keep automation current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration framework
- Work with developers to support unit testing, build and deploy pipelines supporting a drive toward CI/CD
- Mentor junior testers on automation and QA best practices
- Interact with partners across the project and management to share and further develop test strategy
What you have:
- Experience with a variety of execution tools and reporting dashboards in automating tests for web and non-UI applications as well as services testing
- Knowledge of and experience with the Attlasian tool set a plus
- Experience or familiarity with these tools, languages, databases that are currently used in our development and test efforts: Selenium and Selenium Grid, Java, .net, C#/Coded UI, Node.js, Protractor, Appium, MongoDB, Jenkins
- Experience with Agile principles and practices
- Experience running unattended, regularly scheduled automated tests in multiple test environments
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies with an ability to provide direction and leadership for implementation
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry a plus
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, March 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017