Indianapolis - IN, INDYC, 8332 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, 46240-2482
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Retirement Services is the primary service and operations arm for Investor Services and Advisor Services. Retirement Services provides expertise on complex product and service questions for IRAs and Qualified Retirement Plans. We also handle certain retirement account processing. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
As a Specialist in the Retirement Services teams, you will be responsible for assisting clients with questions and needs regarding their accounts in order to build and maintain client loyalty.
On the Hotlines, you will:
- Utilize a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem solving skills to connect with our clients via inbound and outbound calls.
- Assist our internal and external clients with questions regarding Schwab account applications, account update requests as well as client correspondence.
- Assess and resolve client issues that relate to retirement, trust and estates, helping them navigate Schwab products and services.
- Help clients navigate our online tools.
- Deliver unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients in order to build and maintain client loyalty. Interact with other team members to assist in attaining individual, team, and department objectives.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality.
What you have:
- At least 2 years brokerage or related financial services experience.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Windows (XP), internet searching, database systems (Excel), and email (Outlook).
- Ability to work a flexible shift, in both hours and days, in response to business demand.
- Seasonal positions may be available.
- Passion for service with strong client-focus and the desire to help people.
- Strong communication and relating skills with the ability to navigate and explain to clients complex subjects such as estate settlement and IRS rules and regulations.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Well-developed organizational, time management, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area preferred.
- Prior experience in Retirement or Estates strongly desired.
- Experience working with a document imaging system preferred.
Active NASD Series 7/63, 9/10 licenses may be required, depending on level of position. Representatives primarily work between the hours of 8:30 am – 6:30 pm EST. Because clients may connect with us at all times of day, representatives need to be flexible with changes to their hours and schedule. Employees in our Operations teams are paid a salary commensurate with experience and licensing, and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IN - Indianapolis
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017