We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Wealth Management Technologies organization manages a suite of Schwab Wealth Investment Advisory products, including Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Advisory. We deliver great platforms through teamwork, innovation and attention to quality in order bring wealth management solutions to more customers. Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is a native mobile and responsive web fully automated investment advisory service with features such as goal tracking, automatic rebalancing and tax-loss harvesting. Schwab Intelligent Advisory is a hybrid advisory service that takes the benefits from Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and adds in financial planning and live credentialed professionals.
What you’ll do:
The Enterprise Application Development Lead will provide instrumental leadership to development teams responsible for designing and building enterprise applications within the Wealth Management Technology organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of providing solution and implementation designs for enterprise web applications and services. The candidate will also provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to highly capable and motivated Agile teams. These Agile teams build, enhance and support newly launched applications under the Wealth Management Technologies division, including the Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Advisory products. The candidate will also provide consulting leadership, partnering with the business and with enterprise architects to build the best product for the user with robust and flexible architecture.
We're looking for technology leaders who are enthusiastic about digital financial products, innovation and guiding teams to build exceptional software solutions. The candidate should be comfortable seeking out and evangelizing new and emerging technologies - including open source tools. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Master of Computer Science
- Experience mentoring and guiding developers
- A yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise web application and SOA development
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as C# (.NET or Core) or Java
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, practices, and software design patterns
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Deep Experience in RESTful service design and implementation, including Microservices Architecture
- Experience with mobile friendly application development including native, hybrid and web
- Experience dreaming up and producing technical design documentation and presenting it to the appropriate audiences.
- Experience migrating applications and leveraging an enterprise PaaS. Understanding of what it takes to make applications cloud ready.
- Experience leveraging Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of process improvement.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization are required.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017