Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. (“CSIA”), Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. (“WIM”), and ThomasPartners, Inc. (“TPI”) are affiliates of the Charles Schwab Corporation (“Schwab”) and are SEC-registered investment advisory firms serving individuals, trusts, retirement plans, foundations and endowments. The combined entities manage over $50 Billion in Assets Under Management using a variety of investment strategies that include global asset allocation and dividend equity among others. CSIA and WIM are also two of the largest ETF Strategists in the industry, and CSIA is the sub-advisor to one of the largest Robo-Advisers in the nation.
What you’ll do:
This position will support the oversight, quality assurance, and independent certification of investment risk and performance reporting of affiliated RIAs (such as , CSIA, WIM, and TPI). This function will require expert-level understanding of portfolio performance and risk measurement, attribution, and appraisal methodologies, the use of risk and performance analytical software tools, as well as a deep knowledge of asset management (both active and passive) and multi-currency (or global) investment vehicles (including mutual funds, ETFs, and individual stocks and bonds), and reporting best practices.
The position will also help develop and implement a comprehensive repeatable performance monitoring and validation program, and will assist with auditing, testing, and departmental performance-related activities and reporting. Certification tasks will be designed and developed by the role to help ensure that all internally and externally produced and published performance and risk metrics operate within enacted policies, procedures, and controls; that performance and risk remain within stated investment guideline ranges; that reporting is highly auditable and accurate; and that proper documentation exists and formal attestations are made to ensure performance reporting is of the highest quality and standards for use by our external clients and internal management and governance/oversight bodies. The position will also require understanding of 3rd-party manager (sub-advisor) performance validation methodologies as well as relevant mathematical and statistical techniques.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related field preferred
- 3+ years of investment and portfolio performance related experience within the Asset Management or Financial Services industry required.
- CIPM and/or CFA designations are highly desired for this role (or progress towards those designations)
- Extensive knowledge of investment risk and performance metrics and analytics (e.g., what they are, how to calculate, how to use performance technology systems, etc.)
- Experience with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), and GIPS-compliant account- and composite-level performance calculation methodologies, issues, verification and examination requirements and disclosures
- Past experience in portfolio accounting, auditing, compliance, or QA testing capacity
- High attention to detail and experience with rigorous quality control approaches
- Working knowledge of Portfolio Center, FiServ APL, CAPS, CompositeBuilder, and/or other performance calculation software is desirable
- Self-starter who is a team player capable of working well alone and with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are a must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF required
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017