Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The mission of Corporate Risk Management is to provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. Corporate Risk Management is staffed and organized around five primary functions: Credit and Market Risk Management, Insurance, Business Continuity Monitoring, and Risk Management Administration. These functions represent a specialized body of knowledge in place to support mitigation of potential risk at the corporate level related to credit, market, and certain operational risk.
In this role, you will have pivotal responsibilities on the Market and Investment Risk team that include quantitative analysis of margin and option portfolio exposures, including: i) evaluating margin risk according to margin lending policy and ii) applying econometric and statistical techniques to identify securities likely to experience large one day returns. You will also be providing models for regulatory agencies including the OCC, FINRA and the Federal Reserve.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain models studying market activity using tools that include statistical analysis, regression, Black Scholes option pricing, Binomial option pricing, Value at Risk Modeling, and Monte Carlo methods
- Apply knowledge of technology used in trading systems
- Manipulate large data sets and multithreaded processes
- Provide code optimization
- Providing debugging and triage report generation as well as data analysis of trading data
- Coordinate between Corporate Risk organization, technology, and business partners in order to achieve desired objectives
- Provide IT best practices through source control, documentation and release management
- Provide model documentation for internal and external verification
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or another field relying on computational mathematics and/or statistical techniques with 2-3 years of relevant experience required (or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or another field relying on computational mathematics and/or statistical techniques preferred)
- Strong quantitative and/or computational finance modeling and appropriate coding skills necessary to deploy financial-focused software
- Experience in option and equity trading models and brokerage margin policies
- Experience coding in C#, Java or R
- 3+ years developing software
- 3+ years of data analysis, particularly with relational database systems
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to work with third-party quantitative finance models used in fixed income analytics, credit risk modeling, and macroeconomic stress testing
- Strong task management skills with the ability to effectively manage several deliverables at once and be able to identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, including a demonstrated ability to generate high quality model and procedural documentation
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, May 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017