Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The mission of Corporate Risk Management is to provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. Corporate Risk Management is staffed and organized around five primary functions: Credit and Market Risk Management, Insurance, Business Continuity Monitoring, and Risk Management Administration. These functions represent a specialized body of knowledge in place to support mitigation of potential risk at the corporate level related to credit, market, and certain operational risk. The Deposits & Payments Risk Management team manages risk of loss in deposit and payments services.
The Corporate Credit Research team performs fixed income research and credit analysis in support of Schwab investment portfolios and other corporate needs with a goal of ensuring strong counterparty credit quality. In this role you will work closely with our research team, contributing to a variety of investment opportunities and counterparty analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct counterparty credit analysis across a broad range of counterparties, with a focus on Schwab vendors, broker-dealers, and banks.
- Assess the financial profiles of vendors, broker-dealers, and banks and provide recommendations based on his or her credit assessments.
- Engage in significant writing, financial analysis, and research, and may also be expected to communicate with internal and external analysts, rating agencies, and external management in order to develop a comprehensive credit assessment that will support recommended investment limits and/or counterparty recommendations.
- Develop an understanding of Schwab’s operations in order to assess the potential risks from vendor relationships
- Monitor existing investment holdings, issuers and counterparties for any change in credit quality.
- Perform financial and credit analysis on high risk vendors.
- Analyze and assess broker-dealers which Schwab utilizes as trading counterparties.
- Analyze the financial strength of banks, utilizing a CAMELS-style analytical framework.
- Assist the broader Corporate Credit Research team in other areas as needed.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory controls and requirements.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Progress towards CFA designation and/or MBA preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant credit or fundamental financial analysis experience, ideally with previous experience in one of the focus areas
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, to interact with business partners and senior management at Schwab.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and to work independently.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Research-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, May 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017