Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future
As a member of the Product Development & Engineering team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for an engineer who is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions.
What you'll do:
You will work closely with the development team and product owner to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for large and complex applications. The job will include design and development of Single Page Applications & REST-based APIs. You should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using C# .NET, Java, and/or C++ and be eager to leverage other technologies such as AngularJS 2, TypeScript, MongoDB, Jasmin, Karma, Selenium, and various test automation frameworks. This role will also require strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
What you have:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science
- Coursework and/or experience in C#, C++, or Java
- Coursework and/or experience designing and coding using object oriented principles
- Coursework and/or experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle and processes such as Scrum
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts quickly
- A yearning to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- A yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Experience or familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Coursework and/or experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Coursework and/or experience in designing/developing applications/services for cloud platforms (reference 12factor.net or similar guidelines)
- Experience in, or personal interest in, the Financial Services industry
- Experience with, or conversant with, CI/CD best-practices
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Englewood, CO - Denver
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 29, 2018