We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
optionsXpress is a leading online options and futures brokerage and is now a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Since 2001, optionsXpress has brought powerful, yet easy-to-use tools and workflows to equity, option, and futures traders. The optionsXpress set of features and tools are being integrated into Schwab platforms to help grow and further differentiate Schwab from the competition.
The optionsXpress Product Management team leads major aspects of the integration of products and features into Schwab. The team collaborates with others to help define the client experience and provide a seamless web trading experience. The team oversees the development and ongoing management of optionsXpress’ trading platforms (web and downloadable platforms). Our team is responsible for providing tools and experiences that enable clients to achieve their financial objectives, while supporting the strategic growth of the firm. We work with a wide range of internal stakeholders including IT, sales and service, client experience and marketing.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysis - Help identify client usage trends and create detailed reports revealing insights and deeper analysis
- Design – Provide input on a wide-range of self-directed trading tools, features and functions
- Delivery – Assist in the development of evolving trading tools and features for equity, options, and futures traders
- Integration – Provide support across several areas of core functionality – from new account creation and trading workflow to trading tool adoption and product improvement
- Communication – Help in the creation of internal reports and other communication to showcase program successes and benefits
This role is for someone who is looking to develop product management skills, leading to eventual ownership and development of products to meet the needs of self-directed traders and investors. The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, is a creative problem solver, is technically savvy, and is passionate about product development and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Produce monthly reports detailing product usage, and identify significant trends
- Create roadmaps for product integration and/or development
- Work with subject matter experts to detail product features
- Participate in all areas of product integration and development to meet the needs of current & future clients
What you have:
- Ability to articulate and develop business requirements to technology teams
- Effective communication skills – verbally and written
- A basic understanding and/or experience in financial services
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and an ability to identify and manage trade-offs
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with appropriate supervision
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills. Curiosity to continually reevaluate existing user interactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Experience and proven aptitude for Data analysis (SQL), excel, and PowerPoint
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
IL - Chicago