We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Ranked as one of FORTUNE's "World's Most Admired Companies®" 2013, Charles Schwab is recognized as a finance technology innovator and a leader in the finance tech space. Schwab's web and mobile products offer Schwab's exceptional customer service, brokerage, and bank products to both retail and institutional investors.
We're looking for a talented technologist for the role of Single Page App Architect of our Schwab Intelligent Portfolio Application.
This is an opportunity to work on a next generation Single Page App (SPA) and to be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support.
What you’ll do:
Maintain and improve the architecture of the Schwab Intelligent Portfolio (SIP) and IIP (Institutional) Applications. Responsible for design and architecture guidance of the SPA and presentation tiers of SIP, and service orientation. You'll work closely with other technologist to define the strategy for SIP/IP. You'll also coach/guide/lead staff engineers as they implement critical SIP/IP features. You'll be a part of Schwab's Solution Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.). Other duties including:
- Designing solutions to fit the needs our the SIP/IP applications.
- Mentor engineers on proper architecture of solutions.
- Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives.
- Providing thought leadership around solutions.
- Prototyping solutions when necessary.
- Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
What you have:
Leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of the SPA technology space: languages (JS), frameworks (Ember, Angular), techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with server side .NET.
- Some knowledge and experience with Java.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an agile environment.
- Ability to work with both engineers (in the code) and executives (decks).
- A software engineering background is a must.
- Skill with visio and power point.
- Knowledge of content management systems, CDNs, and other web enterprise components.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree