We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. (CSIM) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $265bn in assets under management, of which $255bn are managed on a discretionary basis and approximately $11bn on a non-discretionary basis CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
This Staff position within CSIM Technology reports to the Sr. Manager and will provide technical expertise for the Operations, Finance, Performance, and Policies / Controls technology team. The individual will play a key role in developing solutions sponsored by the Chief Operating Officer.
What you’ll do:
This is a developer role based in Denver, CO, working across the software development lifecycle across the business product areas. It will include building and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the CSIM business.
This role includes building the platform to support the operations, finance, performance, and policies / controls teams with a focus on improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the CSIM business.
In addition to the functional responsibilities within the technology organization, the role will include playing a pivotal role in the development of the strategic technology platform, building proprietary applications where a competitive advantage can be gained and integrating and managing industry leading vendor software to provide a cohesive, flexible platform which can scale effectively for future business growth.
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach.
Qualifications & Experience
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- At least five years’ experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Substantiated experience on supporting junior staff and helping promote a high performance work environments
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Prior financial services experience a plus
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree