We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Ranked as one of FORTUNE's "World's Most Admired Companies®" 2013, Charles Schwab is recognized as a finance technology innovator and a leader in the mobile finance space. Schwab's mobile products offer Schwab's exceptional customer service, brokerage, and bank products to both retail and institutional investors.
We're looking for a talented technologist to be a Solutions Architect in Schwab’s Applications Architecture team focusing on Salesforce integration. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support.
What you’ll do:
Salesforce Integration and Solution Architecture. Responsible for design and architecture guidance primarily in Schwab’s CRM space, including integration of legacy CRM systems with Salesforce, integration with existing systems of records, and integration with BPM systems. You'll be a part of Schwab's Applications Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for corporate technology strategy (Web, Mobile, Data, Cloud, SAAS, etc.).
Other duties including: Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives. Providing thought leadership around technical solutions. Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
What you have:
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Deep knowledge and experience architecting highly available, cross domain, large scale enterprise applications
- Well rounded understanding of enterprise technologies, including:Skilled in communications, both spoken and written, particularly around architectural documentation and other relevant artifacts
- Messaging (AMQP in particular)
- Web API
- Databases (NoSQL - Mongo DB and SQL - SQL Server)
- Concurrent design patterns and solutions
- Leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect; able to provide leadership on cross-organization projects
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Deep knowledge of Messaging systems, REST, and the Web Services space.
- Deep knowledge and experience with systems integration.
- Some knowledge of Salesforce (previous experience greatly preferred)
- Some knowledge and experience with server side .NET.
- Some knowledge and experience with server side Java.
- Some Knowledge of PAAS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry preferred)
- Some Knowledge of ESBs (Mule preferred)
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment..
- A software engineering background preferred.
- Skill with Visio and PowerPoint preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
TX - Austin