We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. has an open position for a Staff, Lead Software Applications Engineer in Austin, Texas.
What you’ll do:
What you have:
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Engineering in Computer Science, or related field and 8 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or related web application development field.
Experience and/or education must include:
- Develop Mobile middleware applications with Microsoft .NET technology using C# on the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE;
- Object oriented programming concepts including design and analysis;
- Microsoft ASP.NET web technology including: MVC design pattern architecture, WCF, and Web API2 frameworks;
- RESTful API design for delivery of financial data to mobile devices through web services hosted on Microsoft IIS version 7.0;
- Web services delivering data in multiple formats including XML, JSON, text;
- NET features including Multi-Threading, Functional programming, Asynchronous programming, Anonymous methods, and LINQ;
- MongoDB and TDD (Test Driven Development) techniques, JS, HTML5, and CSS;
- Writing Unit tests using frameworks including: Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, and Jasmine;
- Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies of software development and recent assignments in an Agile (Scrum based) working environment; and
- Creating intuitive presentation layer for native applications targeting iOS and Android mobile devices.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
TX - Austin