Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This is a critical position in Corporate Planning, responsible for modeling net interest income (NII) generated by the assets and liabilities on the balance sheets of the Corporation and affiliates under specified economic scenarios, more specifically related to Capital Stress Test scenarios for CCAR and DFAST compliance. The Corporate Planning Finance team works closely with senior finance leadership, Treasury, and Risk Management to develop long and short term financial forecasts for Charles Schwab and its operating entities.
What you’ll do:
- Perform net interest income and balance sheet forecasting
- Generate principal and interest cash flows, prepayments, and income for existing book and projected balances
- Establish and calibrate risk factors used in scenario analyses
- Back-test risk factor assumptions and periodic model calibration will require an in-depth understanding of fixed income instruments, interest rate, and prepayment modeling
- Present and communicate NII scenario results to senior management on a regular basis
- Quantify NII forecast uncertainty implied by model assumptions
- Provide insight into model functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- Maintain documentation of modeling assumptions and methodologies
- Generate NII results for corporate planning scenarios
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in banking or insurance with an emphasis on ALM, fixed income analytics, reporting and modeling
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Degrees in Finance, quantitative field or CFA designation preferred
- Experience with 3rd party ALM applications such as, Polypaths, Bancware or QRM
- Relevant FP&A experience
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects to their conclusion and maintain models with persistent inquiry
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior CCAR and/or DFAST filing and modeling experience is desired but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA. Experience with SQL is desired but not required
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017