Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a member of the Advisor Services Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for leaders who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions.
The role will require a high level of responsibility but have a support structure necessary for development growth. Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Software Developer will be part of a development team responsible for building enterprise web-based applications within the Advisor Services Technology division. Schwab Advisor Services Technology is building next generation Portfolio Management System and we are looking for senior developer to join the team as Schwab adopts technology trends that will shape future of RIA industry. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise web applications. The candidate will focus his/her efforts designing and developing front-end and middle-tier components. Additionally, the candidate will be exposed to other technologies such as MongoDB, native mobile, and integrating with other Schwab data services.
We're looking for leaders who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions. The role will require a high level of responsibility but have a support structure necessary for development growth. Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of real world experience in enterprise web application development.
- 5+ years of real world experience in object oriented languages such as C#, Java, or C++
- 3+ years of experience designing and building REST services
- Demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers.
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects.
- A yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required.
- Prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying micro-services solutions on cloud infrastructure
- Experience building cloud ready applications using IAAS/PASS concepts in AWS, Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, March 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 1, 2017