We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department of 145 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone – and make strategic decisions in a data-driven, fact-based, sophisticated manner. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
Schwab’s Analytics & Business Insight is responsible for providing reliable and timely data that enables business units at Schwab to make timely and informed business decisions. We leverage close, collaborative working relationships with our business partners to apply technology solutions to a wide array of business problems and BI/reporting needs. The organization also plays a key role in data stewardship and information management at Schwab.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for all phases of business intelligence/reporting development and information delivery including gathering of business requirements
- Support the diverse BI needs of our Operations enterprise in the redesign and re-engineering of core business processes by providing analytics that support data driven decisions
- Develop/maintain the data structures and data processes supporting business performance reporting
- Support defining and deriving KBI’s that will measure operational effectiveness
- Perform data analysis, programming, interface design, testing, documentation, maintenance and technical project management
Act as a lead liaison between the business and the team to develop a relationship with key leaders, schedule recurring discussions to identify key priorities aligned with strategic goals, and generate executive level status reports to communicate achievements.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, strategically minded and able to match research techniques to business problems. They will have a strong drive to understand clients and create business impact. This person will be an outstanding communicator and have the self-confidence to work comfortably with senior levels within the organization. S/he will have a demonstrable record of accomplishments within complex business environments and ability to build alignment through collaboration in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience using Teradata, Oracle, and advanced SQL in a large scale data warehouse environment
- 8+ years of automating and managing reports, dashboards, self-serve tools, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Must be able to create and maintain advanced SQL that is maintainable and highly efficient
- Must be proficient in profiling/analysis
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and seeks out opportunities to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have hands-on experience coding and designing new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, and designing dashboards on scalable intelligence platforms
- Must have experience working directly with senior business leaders to understand objectives and articulating the impact of business intelligence solutions
- Must have the ability to manage concurrent projects at different stages of completion
- Must be able to understand and explain complicated subject matter to others across the business that are less connected to the situation and/or are less technically-oriented
- Must be able to aggressively lead projects in a cross-functional team environment to deliver and achieve results
- Must be comfortable dealing with changing priorities and timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis