We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sr. Regional Manager of Active Trader Field Sales at Charles Schwab, you will coach, counsel, and support a team of remote Active Investor Market Managers whose primary focus include growing the Active Trader client base, wholesaling, and providing client facing education in their dedicated markets. You will establish and implement strategies /plans designed to insure that your team provides high client engagement, helps support Financial Consultants in their market areas, and drives incremental business growth. Your general management skills and leadership competencies will be used to provide direction and deliver results.
What you’ll do:
Typical daily activities include:
- Coaching your team on best practices related to sales, education delivery, and wholesaling
- Business planning, process management, and project work
- Handling escalated situations
- Expectation setting and performance management of your staff outreach and relationship building with key leaders in the branch network
- Working with internal business partners
- Analysis of performance data for trends and actions
- Budget management
- Performing compliance and administrative tasks
The Sr. Regional Manager of Active Trader Field Sales role is a critical link in Schwab’s efforts to successfully grow our trading business.
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We value teamwork, integrity, service, open communication, and perseverance. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
What you have:
A desire to lead, a passion for sales management, and a deep commitment to client service are absolutely required.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- A minimum of 10 years in the financial services industry
- A minimum of 3 years in a sales leadership capacity (preferably with prior remote management experience)
- Deep knowledge of trading, trading technology, and Active Trader business/ client base
- Solid understanding of adult learning and education delivery
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven relationship building skills
- Current and active Series 7, and 63 licenses
- Series 9/10 or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong business judgment
- Proven success in sales, sales management , and overall leadership (previous project management and or business analysis experience a plus)
Role requires in market supervision of staff and support of Active Trader Client events. 30-40% travel.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
GA - Atlanta