We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios addresses a growing demand for affordable, objective, sophisticated and convenient investment advice. The service alters the investing landscape by combining the best of new technology with proven approaches to advice and the support that only people can provide, all without management fees, advice fees, high cost products, or commissions. It is a combination that Schwab can uniquely deliver due to the breadth of our capabilities – over four decades of firm-wide experience managing complex advisory, brokerage and money management services, banking and clearing systems – and our track record of technology, pricing and service innovation.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Team Manager will lead a team of Investment Consultants in a collaborative environment designed to both grow and support the client base. Responsibilities include:
- Being an advocate for the overall client experience, ensuring we are delivering superior service in all of our client interactions by coaching and training a team of advice representatives.
- Develop and execute strategies designed to monitor, review, and report against client level activities to gather insights as well as enhance our service delivery.
- Act as a SIP ambassador to the larger Schwab organization, sharing industry, competitive and client insights, as well as support field partners.
- Support various projects supporting the advancement of serving digital advice at Schwab.
Ideally, we are seeking an individual with extensive financial services experience, current or previous management experience, and a strong desire to lead and coach a team. Daily activities include, but are not limited to:
- Staying abreast of current industry news, events and market research, as well as relevant SIP portfolio data.
- Connecting with clients and internal partners such as Branch Managers, Managed Solutions Consulting personnel, and Financial Consultants to provide in-depth client and prospect support.
- Conducting both formal and informal education sessions for various partners regarding SIP.
- You will oversee and delegate daily monitoring and analysis of specific client level portfolio and risk management reporting as well as planning and execution to ensure each team member excels at providing superior service to our clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to support various projects aimed at delivering on various strategic goals for the team and overall organization.
- Selected candidates will be CS&Co employees and will retain broker-dealer licenses. The individual will also be an IAP representing Schwab Wealth Investment Advisory, INC.
What you have:
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- Series 7, 66, and 9/10.
- Five plus years’ experience in the financial services industry; preferred 2 years supervisory experience.
- Desire to lead and coach investment professionals; while possessing strong mentoring and employee development skills.
- Knowledge and ability to coach topics surrounding general investing principles, with a focus on asset allocation and portfolio management
- Interest in building industry expertise, understanding the competitive landscape, and uncovering client needs.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, partnership and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; keen attention to detail.
This is a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may change or expand over time.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree