We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Analytics & Business Insights group (ABI) supports multiple business units across Schwab through quantitative-based decision support. Our mission is to help Schwab better understand the needs and behaviors of our prospects and clients through statistical analysis and modeling, market research, reporting, and data management.
This role is part of the Data Driven Communications Team, within the ABI organization.The team’s core objective is to substantively drive business growth and deepen client relationships by transforming how Schwab uses analytics & big data. We do this by delivering insightful analyses and by uncovering/introducing groundbreaking new analytic and data capabilities. We are passionate, client-centric, data-driven analysts, product/project managers and business leaders who seek to deliver meaningful revenue-generating and cost-saving results.
Effectively managing and delivering relevant, personalized, cross-channel communications is tantamount at Schwab – for marketing, sales, and deepening client relationships.This position will focus on multiple channels within the cross-channel messaging team, becoming the expert on their channel while providing backup to other channels when needed. As a Senior Manager, you will primarily focus on analytics and operations for our Cross Channel Messaging platform, which uses real time predictive modeling/machine learning to “decide” what message or offer to present to a client – whether it’s on the web, in our call centers, in our branches or through other digital channels. We are looking for a dynamic analytics professional to manage the channels, perform analytics, and continue to look for areas of expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct analyses related to the channel/program, collaborating with your marketing and business partners to determine best approach. Measure the program effectiveness, evaluate the predictive drivers of each offer, and uncover insights about offer conversion patterns.
- Oversee portfolio of all active offers/messages for each channel and continually optimize channel effectiveness to drive higher conversions. Monitor platform to identify operational and performance issues and work with appropriate partners to implement solutions.
- Optimize supporting database used for this platform – identifying new variable need to improve model and collaborating with technology teams to get those variables built and implemented into system
- Setup new offers and messages in platform, partnering with Marketing/Client Experience groups to determine the appropriate eligibility rules
- Become subject matter expect and core advocate for real time decisioning within the channel – socialize our work, accomplishments, and results with senior leaders across the firm
- Scope analytics projects including determining optimal analytical approach, identifying resources and assets needed, developing execution plans, and conducting analysis
- Support development of tools and infrastructure to scale operations, increase efficiencies, and improve quality of results
- Partner with technical and non-technical resources across the business to leverage their support and integrate our efforts
What you have:
- B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering or similar quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in web/marketing analytics and or decision management
- Experience using a decision management or multivariate testing application – such as Oracle RTD, Unica Interact, Infor CRM, Neolane, Causata, x+1, Pega Decision Management, SAS Customer Intelligence, or Adobe Test & Target. Experience with Oracle RTD highly preferred.
- Robust analytics background needed; modeling/statistical/advanced analytics experience highly valued –as is marketing operations experience
- Strong SAS and SQL programming knowledge; ability to work with large transactional databases across multiple platforms (Teradata, Oracle, SAS)
- Experience using Tableau to build and maintain reports and dashboards
- Creative problem solver and out of the box thinker who can effectively collaborate with both technology and business partners to design new products/applications
- Ability to “tell a story” with data
- Demonstrated ability to build new processes, workflows, policies & functions as well as to collaborate with a range of stakeholders throughout a matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of how analytics supports a large organization including being able to successfully articulate the linkage between business decisions, business objectives, and analytical approaches & findings
- Financial services experience preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
TX - Austin