We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Charles Schwab's Investor Services Strategy group is the internal strategy group for the Retail business unit of the firm. Investor Services drives ~70% of total revenue for Charles Schwab, offering clients services across wealth management, brokerage, trading, and Schwab ETF and Mutual Fund products. The group is one of the main intake valves for top-tier talent at Schwab and provides members with an unparalleled opportunity to define and work on the business’s major strategic opportunities while gaining visibility among the firm's senior leadership. The goals of the group are to deliver world-class strategy; conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions; and drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest-value issues across Schwab.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Analyst role is responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to Retail’s core strategic work. The Senior Analyst works in a team setting, reporting to a Director and working with multiple constituents across Schwab’s business units. They typically take ownership of one or more work streams, perform data-driven analysis and contribute recommendations for strategy development.
The Senior Analyst has responsibility for significant elements of project work, including: –
- Developing strategic insights that will drive sustained growth in our business.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues
- Gathering data through research and interviews
- Planning and executing their own work streams for discrete projects or subsets of projects
- Generating creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Ensuring quality control of data/research and preparing presentation materials for senior management
Senior Analysts interact with senior members of Schwab’s leadership team and executive partners within the business units. Projects are growth focused. Representative project work includes branch network expansion strategy, cross-sell strategy, “the next trillion” dollars of asset growth, international expansion, the future of advice at Schwab, etc.
What you have:
- 2 – 3 years of work experience , preferably with a top-tier consulting firm, financial service firm, or strategy group at alarge organization
- Prior experience in financial services including experience with financial markets, products, technology and/or the fee-based investment advisory market preferred, but not required
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, VBA, Access preferred, but not required
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to work across several projects concurrently
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong academic record from a nationally recognized institution
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In:
CA - San Francisco