We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Corporate Vendor Management at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. Corporate Vendor Management identifies, mitigates, monitors, and manages vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
The Manager - Application Support will be responsible for supporting the firm’s third-party risk management function of the Corporate Vendor Management Program. Third-parties delivering products and services to Schwab are subject to risk assessment, due diligence and ongoing monitoring throughout the life of the relationship.
Typical responsibilities will include:
Software Application Support
- Ensuring that policies, procedures and processes are fully documented, current and being followed;
- Evaluate data integrity, providing insight and guidance into departmental data governance practices;
- Creating and maintaining a reporting library in various data management tools employed by Corporate Vendor Management;
- Liaising with the departmental Professional Practices Group to evidence oversight activities during internal audits and regulatory exams;
- Evaluate available software solutions against process requirements to support department planning;
- Manage user access to employed software solutions; and
- Supporting other ad-hoc requests
- Involvement in all phases of program development which may include gathering business requirements from stakeholders, preparing project documentation, performing user-acceptance testing, communicating changes, and ensuring seamless implementation;
- Accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative including business, operational, and information technology deliverables;
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit;
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and partners
- Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project;
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters;
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan;
- Develop structured measurement and tracking reports that are suitable for the intended audiences, by articulating the key drivers of each project;
- Understand the workflows and key redesign levers and ensure appropriate and consistent benefit KPIs are in place for each process; and
- Provide additional analytics support for business decision making and act as a consultant at the program level to provide recommendations to the CVM leadership team, based on data, analysis, and business implications
The Senior Manager will be a primary contributor to improvement of vendor management processes and data integrity. Additionally, this role will provide guidance into the future direction of the department with respect to identifying the next generation of data management tools employed.
What you have:
Success requires a combination of strong reporting and data management competency, project management skills and the ability to lead and influence across cross-functional groups. The Senior Manager position is an
individual contributor role.
- 5+ years of reporting, analysis, and data governance experience
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable in handling and implementing change
- Must be a self-motivated individual who grasps concepts quickly, takes ownership of projects and processes and is a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with analytical proficiency; able to navigate ambiguous situations
- Proficiency in Excel and Project required
- Ability to prioritize work, hold others accountable and influence partners at multiple levels within the department
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in the financial industry or other regulated environment preferred
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos, and/or PeopleSoft is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver