Orlando - FL, ORL2, 1958 Summit Park Dr, 32810
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Asset Transfer Services (ATS) Department handles incoming and outgoing transfer requests for Schwab clients. ATS has set aggressive goals to lead the industry by creating the best TOA experience for our clients, internal business partners and contra/broker firms.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Specialists in this department perform a variety of functions and services for our Schwab Advisor Services and Investor Services client groups. An integral part of this role includes processing client account transfer requests and internal/external client contact. The processing aspect encompasses a detailed review of assets to transfer and coordination with both client and other financial institutions to ensure the expedient receipt/delivery of assets. This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or even over time.
What you have:
- Demonstrated transfer of account experience in the financial services industry or banking or financial services experience required, coupled with demonstrable customer service skills and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
- Computer skills required.
- Extremely detail oriented and conscientious.
- Flexible with regard to both schedule and role as both may change with little notice in response to business demand.
- Switch gears throughout the day to assist with meeting critical cut-off times or high volume processing spikes.
- Experienced with direct client interaction receiving inbound client service calls and networking internally to research and resolve client operational issues.
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients and partnerships with internal associates as well as key contacts at contra brokerage firms.
- Quality, accuracy, and accountability are key attributes that will mark the finalists for this position.
**Important note- In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You will not be considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore, please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||None, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||FL - Orlando
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, February 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017