Orlando - FL, ORL2, 1958 Summit Park Dr, 32810
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) is the primary operations arm for Advisor Services New Accounts and Investor Services. OSAS provides service to our retail clients and financial advisors to fulfill our purpose of helping everyone become financial fit. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our OSAS team with a focus on Investor Services New Accounts and Account Maintenance, you will be responsible for processing new account applications and account update requests as well as reviewing client correspondence for our Investor Services clients. Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this role.
- Review and process new Schwab brokerage account applications.
- Listen to client cues and review accounts to engage in a dialogue to identify additional needs and present effective help and guidance solutions.
- Utilize a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem-solving skills to assist Schwab clients in opening their accounts, as well as performing detailed research and follow-up, via outbound calls.
- Receive inbound calls from our clients. Establish clear points of contact for one-stop resolution and for ongoing support and escalations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality service and meet client expectations.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality.
Those hired into this position may also help in processing Advisor Services New Accounts based on business needs.
Note: Depending on skills, prior experience and industry licenses, new hires may be offered positions at the Senior Administrator, Associate, or Specialist levels.
Schedule: Associates will primarily work between the hours of 8:30am – 6 pm EST Monday through Friday. Because clients may connect with us at all times of day, representatives need to be flexible with changing business needs and hours.
Compensation: Employees in our OSAS teams are paid a salary commensurate with experience and licensing, and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you have:
- Interest in a long-term career in financial services with potential to become licensed if desired and with management support.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of investment products and industry regulations. Ability to explain these complex subjects via the phone.
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email.
- Ability to work in a structured environment during specified hours as pre-determined by business need.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Desire for growth opportunities and ongoing training.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- 2+ years of college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area; degree is preferred.
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in financial services, operations, or client support is desired.
- Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize over 7 open programs at one time is a plus.
- Industry licenses (7/63 and 9/10) may be required depending on the level of the position.
**Important note- In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You will not be considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore, please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again. **
This role is located in the Schwab office at1958 Summit Park Drive, Orlando FL 32810.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||FL - Orlando
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 30, 2017