We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department of 145 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone – and make strategic decisions in a data-driven, fact-based, sophisticated manner. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
The Market Research team is looking for a strategic market researcher with a broad skill set that includes qualitative and quantitative research, analytics, consulting and project management. In this role, you will be part of a dynamic and highly capable Schwab team of researchers and Voice of the Client (VOC) analysts and will be partnering closely with Schwab’s internal business partners, agencies and research vendors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support and manage a wide variety of market research studies and initiatives. Working collaboratively with business partners to understand, help define and answer critical business questions
- Develop actionable insights based on synthesis of multiple research and analytic learnings; present insights and recommendations to business partners across all levels of the organization
- Manage multiple projects and research vendors simultaneously and prioritize projects within strategic business priorities (while maintaining a “roll up your sleeves, and dig into the data/findings” mindset and approach to your work)
- Build relationships with business partners and cross-functional support resources to gain alignment across stakeholders and fully maximize resources to support a fact-driven and “through clients’ eyes” decision-making culture
- Demonstrate thought leadership by recommending appropriate analytic approaches and identifying new ways to apply research and analytics to grow the business
- Present results and recommendations to ensure complex work is accessible, actionable, and drives business results
- Primary area of responsibility will be Schwab’s brand and advertising research. This will require working with agency partners, managing existing tracking studies and keeping on top of new and innovative ways to provide value and impact to Schwab’s advertising, media and brand efforts.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, strategically minded and able to match research techniques to business problems. They will have a strong drive to understand clients and create business impact. This person will be an outstanding communicator and have the self-confidence to work comfortably with senior levels within the organization. S/he will have a demonstrable record of accomplishments within complex business environments and ability to build alignment through collaboration in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Experience and Education:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in marketing research; both ‘vendor side’ and ‘client side’ experience is desirable; creative agency experience is also desirable
- Strong demonstrable experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Extremely detailed, yet also able to think strategically about a holistic measurement plan for Schwab’s brand and advertising
- Comfortable with a hands on approach to data and data analysis
- Experience with social listening, social listening tools and incorporating social data into other tracking data (when applicable)
- College degree required, Master’s degree a plus (preference for those with Market Research, Social Science, Marketing, or Communications degrees or focus areas) Experience in financial services a plus
Analytic and Research Skills:
- Ability to be help shape team thinking regarding all aspects of research strategy, design and execution
- Provide strong thought leadership in key VOC areas
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills with the ability to develop insightful and actionable data summaries and reports, and clear and crisp presentations, often using multiple data sources, and always with concise and compelling business implication and recommendations
- Strong analytic, mathematical and statistical skills; ability to extract insights out of complex datasets and fact-bases; some experience with SPSS, SAS preferred
- Strong attention to detail and execution
- Ability to develop detailed, tactical project plans and implement them on time and within budget
Communications and Interpersonal Skills:
- Collaborative interpersonal skills necessary to engage with business partners, scope projects, solicit and incorporate feedback and serve as a trusted content expert who seeks to influence action
- Proactively seek opportunities for collaboration with team members and other analytic or business groups
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including senior-management-level presentation skills
- Easy to get along with; someone that is a ‘joy’ to have as part of the team
Project Management Skills:
- Ability to structure and execute complex research efforts from end-to-end (with support of Schwab Market Research Directors)
- Ability to manage research vendors from vendor selection, implementation, analysis, reporting and budget management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize projects within strategic business priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree