We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insights is a department of about 125 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone – and make strategic decisions in a data-driven, fact-based, sophisticated manner. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
Retail Analytics is a relatively new group within the Analytics and Business Insights organization. The primary mission of this group is to work in partnership with business units to leverage data, analytics, and research capabilities to grow the business and build loyalty. Retail Analytics will be instrumental in moving the Analytics and Business Insights organization from a reactive organization to a proactive, strategic minded organization providing thought leadership, meaningful insights, and driving results.
Senior Managers are responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to strategic analytical projects. Work is done closely with business unit partners to execute rigorous analysis and synthesize the insights in a way that facilitates senior leadership decision making. They work both individually and in a team setting, take full ownership of projects, perform data-driven analysis, and contribute to the development of actionable insights and recommendations. Project work could include customer behavior analysis and segmentation, impact analysis, economic analysis, and statistical analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Perform quantitative analysis on critical business issues
- Gather relevant quantitative and qualitative information by extracting data from internal database and meeting with team and business partners
- Create and deliver high-impact presentations in PowerPoint and clearly communicate methodologies and results
- Share work in process with team and business partners, and meet aggressive interim and final deadlines
- Rapidly develop understanding of Schwab’s business through team interactions and business partner interviews
- Build strong partnerships with business partners to align, prioritize, and integrate our efforts
What you have:
- 6-8 years of full time work experience, including 5+ years in a financial or analytical role
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective presentations tailored to specific audiences
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic, fast-moving, and matrix work environment.
- Management Consulting experience a plus
- Strong academic record and demonstrated success in both academic and professional settings
- Financial services experience preferred but not required
- Well-developed SAS programming or SQL skills
- Proficient with Tableau
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
CO - Lone Tree