We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and manages vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. The CVM organization also provides category management and demonstrates strategic sourcing capabilities in the Technology space (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks).
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager, Technology Procurement (Hardware, Software, Telecom, and Networks), will play an essential role within Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) by providing business partners with category management leadership, planning and expertise.
This position will be responsible for fostering strong relationships with senior Schwab stakeholders; developing, maintaining and executing Technology category plans; managing all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; as well as collaborating with risk groups and legal, as required, on vendor engagements. The Sr. Manager will also ensure that industry-leading procurement services tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners.
The Sr. Manager will lead the review, analysis, and negotiation of strategic technology projects, identify competitive vendors or other alternatives to generate leverage and drive favorable pricing and terms and conditions.
Gather business and technical requirements and produce necessary documentation in support of RFx events. Develop internal presentations and business cases to support management approvals of multi-year vendor agreements. Additionally develop, review, and manage any ad hoc documents requiring special circumstances and legal reviews.
Provide economic analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential vendor expenditures. Identify and document both internal and external risks associated with technology purchase transactions.
Work with internal stakeholders to determine risks and dependencies.
Work with Finance, Legal, Risk and other subject matter experts within Schwab to ensure that that policies and procedures and followed and met.
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience in Procurement of Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks) category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and/or procurement (required)
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and build category management plans that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal stakeholders’ requirements are met
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners and internal/ external stakeholders
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
- Expertise in sourcing policy, procedures and processes
- Flexible and adaptable in handling/implementing change and understands how that change will impact the team, internal Business Partners and vendors
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to apply change management and consulting skills/knowledge and expertise
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel (required) and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver