We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 7,000 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $1 trillion of assets with Schwab.
The Business Consulting Services (BCS) team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting and education programs that help advisors better manage their businesses in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team’s success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that advisors can implement in their firms. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with advisors and their Schwab relationship managers to understand the firm’s challenges and areas of opportunity, and then map a path forward.
Programs developed and managed by BCS include the annual Charles Schwab RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week ‘Insight to Action’ consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program, Schwab Advisor University, SOLUTIONS® conferences, and the RIA Intern Program. The BCS team also produces white papers on a range of practice management issues in addition to creating resources to help advisors navigate compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
As a key contributor to the Schwab Advisor Services BCS organization, the Senior Manager will be responsible projects such as: (1) developing the structure and content for new consulting and education programs designed specifically for RIAs; (2) contributing to the research and development of white papers focused on practice management issues critical to RIA success; and (3) managing the RIA Intern Program, which includes partnering with universities to recruit a highly diverse cohort each year, leading a cross-functional team to plan and organize the program’s curriculum, and implementing process improvements to the program. The Senior Manager in this role will communicate information about the programs he or she creates and manages to all levels of the Schwab Advisor Services organization. This includes presentations to executives as well as peers and members of associated teams, which require strong communication skills.
Successful BCS team members are energized by the opportunity to work on varied projects and programs from year to year, are intellectually curious and passionate about learning new things, and able to perform research and develop content in a highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable with the iterative process that truly innovative programs require. Flexibility, creativity, efficiency, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude are highly valued on the team, as well as the ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organization.
This role often partners with other functions within Advisor Services to successfully execute programs, and so the ability to work collaboratively with others is a must. Key business partners within and outside of BCS include the Business and Technology Consultants, Schwab Sales Team, Marketing, Compliance, Field Enablement, and Events.
What you have:
- Ability to translate complex and varied inputs including market data, client and executive insights, and broad industry research into compelling stories and actionable programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to research, synthesize data, develop recommendations, influence partners and report on status
- A ‘can-do’, results-oriented approach to business, ability to deliver high-quality work, develop and manage a project plan
- A bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles and successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to understand dependencies and anticipate downstream consequences
- Very strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- Experience serving the financial services industry (preferred); an understanding of practice management and consulting is desirable, but not required
- 7-10 years in a program management and/or content development role
- MBA preferred, but not required
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Position Located In:
AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco