We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Core Middleware Platforms team within Schwab designs, develops and supports Middleware platforms responsible for a variety of mission-critical platforms, including:
• Authentication Platform
• Enterprise Service Bus
• Enterprise Messaging Service
What you’ll do:
You should be a programmer/engineer at heart and someone who truly enjoys designing (and building) solutions using the latest technologies, patterns, and architectural concepts. You'll be the supporting the overall technology direction within the group and working with the various engineers on the latest patterns/concepts and technologies. You should be a recognized technical contributor and have a special passion for developing common enterprise services. You will actively collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
What you have:
You must have the ability to be self-directed and interact with small and large teams. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced technology environment that continually embraces new technologies and techniques. You will have experience with the following:
- IIS (7.5 or 8 preferred)
- Visual Studio (2010, 2012 or 2013)
• Experience with web services (SOAP, REST), XML, JSON, and XSLT preferred.
• Hands-on capabilities with modern web technologies (AngularJS, MVC, Web API, jQuery, other…), a plus
• Experience with implementing different unit testing and continuous integration/continuous delivery frameworks
• Leadership capabilities
• Strong interest in industry trends, technology innovation, and best practices
• Experience with Agile Development Practices, particularly Scrum, a plus
• Well versed in DevOps principles and practices, a plus
• BS/BA/MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Professional experience building distributed, scalable enterprise-class applications using Java
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.Position Located In:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
TX - Austin