Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Creative Center (C2) is Schwab’s in-house agency that is responsible for a wide range of company-wide strategic customer-focused projects. C2’s work covers every marketing channel and is rooted in our deep knowledge of Schwab, its brand, and its diverse range of customers. We are uniquely positioned within the company to play a key role in helping strengthen the firm’s brand, nurture client relationships, and improve the overall client experience. In order to continue the important focus on the firm’s customer experience.
What you’ll do:
As a key member of the creative management team, the Associate Creative Director, Manager (Art) is responsible and accountable for managing visual and innovative solutions for a full range of creative and marketing ideas with an emphasis on creating dramatic results for our Schwab brand. Leading integrated, multi-discipline teams, you ensure that the work is aligned with the client’s strategy, meeting the objectives defined in the creative briefs. Responsible for 3+ direct reports and be responsible for their day-to-day supervision, engagement, development, mentoring and culture. Specific responsibilities in this area include interviewing potential candidates, helping train new employees, actively mentoring creative teams, leading the performance review process and objective setting. The ACD is expected to effectively partner across departments (Account, Project Management, UX, and Development) to foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration and within the agency overall.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop concepts and design systems that address marketing objectives in a creative manner
- Act as a hands-on art director, with expert print and digital design skills, including branding systems and storytelling.
- Push the creative envelope, continually raising the bar on the quality
- Participate in project estimates and resource allocation and creative review of work by all art directors
- Provide process suggestions and solutions for the Creative department
- Leadership and management of direct reports:
- Train, manage, mentor and coach your team of art directors (Junior – Senior)
- Monitor team performance and complete scheduled performance reviews
- Address team complaints and help resolve personnel issues
- Build morale and create a positive work environment
What you have:
- Portfolio submission required in order to be considered for role
- Qualified candidates have a minimum of 10+ years of agency and/or enterprise experience with a minimum six years as a senior level professional.
- Direct people management experience for a minimum of three years.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative discipline
- Deep understanding working with brand standards
- Understand design with various print collateral
- Proven experience working with major brands and on e-commerce site
- Outstanding graphic design layout, color, typography, style guide creation, and data visualization
- Superior attention to detail and ability to manage and complete multiple tasks and projects within set deadlines
- Deep understanding of responsive design, web technologies, emerging design trends, innovations and best practice
- Passion for interactive design, touch screen design and mobile platforms
- Experience designing websites, landing pages, microsites, emails and banners
- Ability to work on large-scale interactive projects, tight deadlines and high volume of work
- Understanding of social media graphics for B2B and B2C
- Familiar with standards-based web design, and the capabilities of HTML5, CSS, and Flash
- Expert knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Understand the print process (prepress to proofs to paper) and techniques (die cut, emboss, etc.)
- Experience working in a corporate environment and in the financial industry is a plus
- Strong client-facing experience, presentation skills and ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, February 18, 2016
Expiration Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017