We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Production Support group which includes PCC Production Support is responsible for providing timely, knowledgeable, friendly enterprise-class support for a suite of products and services provided to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). The platforms we support are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more.
What you’ll do:
What you have:
- Chosen candidate will thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with man moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities
- Ability to take frequent constructive feedback, and course-correct often to track toward realization of team vision
- Provide operational visibility on environment health to technology and business partners
- Proven track record successfully supporting production support efforts using a DevOps methodology
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Progressive experience supporting highly available, mission critical environments
- Ability to understand multiple technologies and how they inter-relate and integrate
- Demonstrated experience working within industry standards designed to align IT investments with business objectives
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, recruiting personnel, offshore, and professional services
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience facilitating issue intervention
- Self-starter with outstanding multitasking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer advocate
- 6-8 years of experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- 6-8 years in-depth technical background designing and implementing enterprise level infrastructure solutions that align with organization and corporate objectives
- 4+ years developing services – preferably REST services
- 4+ years programming to databases
- Experience working with MongoDB and big data platforms running on Linux servers
- Excellent debugging skills across a variety of integrated platforms
- Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well engineered design.
- Self starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures.
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- Experience working with Agile development teams as operational liaison
- Experience working with dashboard / environment health display tooling
- Experience transitioning platforms to cloud-ready
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- In-depth support knowledge of one or more of Charles Schwab's custom business and customer facing application channels is preferred
- Business-side experience in the financial industry
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Position Located In:
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
TX - Austin