We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future
Estate Services is a specialized department within the broader Schwab Operational Services Enterprise providing high touch service to our clients and to the advisors that serve them. Estate Services helps to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by providing expert Estate Settlement guidance to our clients and advisors. The Estate Services department is responsible for processing, handling of inbound phone volume, and supporting the firm and our clients throughout the Estate process.
What you’ll do:
As a Schwab Estate Services Professional in our Operational Service organization, you will be responsible for assisting clients with questions and needs regarding their accounts in order to build and maintain client loyalty. Specifically, you will:
- Utilize a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem solving skills to connect with our clients via inbound and outbound calls.
- Assist beneficiaries/executors as well as internal partners in processing a deceased client's estate, assisting beneficiaries in taking ownership of assets. Schwab Estate Services seeks to retain assets at Schwab by providing an exceptional, educational client experience.
- Assist our internal and external clients with questions regarding Schwab account applications, account update requests as well as client correspondence.
- Assess and resolve client issues that relate to trust and estates, helping them navigate Schwab products and services.
- Help clients navigate our online tools.
- Deliver unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients in order to build and maintain client loyalty.
- Interact with other team members to assist in attaining individual, team, and department objectives.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality.
- Act as a subject expert to both internal and external clients.
- Place outbound calls to our clients to follow up on prior commitments and receive inbound calls from internal partners.
- Utilize both intranet and internet resources to research federal and local estate distribution rules and regulations.
- Use active listening skills and relationship building skills to uncover and assess underlying needs.
What you have:
- Prefer at least one year work operational experience in legal or financial services including; brokerage, banking operations, paralegal, or research
- Established Intermediate to Advanced technical skills, preferably in a dual monitor environment, with the ability to utilize multiple applications at one time
- Ability to work in high call volume environment
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Proven analytical skills with a level of attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Able to comprehend complex legal, tax, and account documents and educate beneficiaries in simpler terms
- Demonstrated passion for service and the financial markets with strong client-focus and the ability to provide a superior level of service
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Able to empathize with others' needs and respond sensitively; able to use good judgment when responding, and respond to objectives successfully
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work a flexible shift, in both hours and days, in response to business demand
- Excellent logical reasoning, problem solving and research skills
- Two years or more college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area (preferred)
- Active FINRA Series 7 & 63 (or 66) licenses preferred but not required
**Important note- In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You will not be considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore, please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again. **
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Position Located In:
IN - Indianapolis