Los Angeles - CA, SICACCC, 2029 Century Park East, 90067-2910
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Charitable is an independent public charity created to increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. A donor-advised fund account is a simple, flexible, tax-smart investment account designed specifically for charitable purposes that offers clients and advisors a simple and streamlined way to contribute, invest and grant effectively. We are a leading national donor-advised fund provider—having granted out to over 96,000 charities nationwide since inception on behalf of our donors.
At Schwab Charitable, we believe people have an inherent desire to give and that investing and giving when done together can empower us to make a real difference in the world. We make it easy to integrate charitable giving into clients’ financial planning and wealth management conversations. We believe that if our clients apply the same thoughtful strategy to their giving and philanthropy they apply to their finances and investments, they will be happier and more fulfilled doAnors. With our uniquely integrated approach, our simple and tax-smart giving solution, our access to online resources and our team of charitable specialists, we offer the tools, guidance and relationships to help donors give more to the charities that matter most to them.
Schwab Charitable was founded by Charles Schwab & Co. and while it operates as an independent charity, it is closely affiliated with and enjoys the support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services. This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources and risk policies and procedures, but will report to and be accountable to Schwab Charitable for day-to-day activities.
What you’ll do:
The targeted locations for this role include Seattle/Bellevue, Orange County, Los Angeles or San Francisco. This position requires 50% travel for internal and client facing commitments.
Responsibilities will include:
Charitable Planning Subject Matter Expert:
- Playing the role of charitable planning subject matter expert, trusted resource and strategic consultant to Financial Consultants, Registered Investment Advisors and other internal partners by understanding their businesses and how/where charitable planning appropriately fits within their service model and business goals.
- Developing a robust, strategic approach to integrating Schwab Charitable and charitable planning into the modern wealth management design with both Registered Investment Advisors and Financial Consultants.
- Being the positive voice of Schwab Charitable within the broader Schwab organization.
- Delivery of customized charitable planning content through regular face-to-face meetings and events that enable consultants to have more successful charitable planning conversations and relationships with their clients and prospects.
Relationship Management and Business Development:
- Creating business development strategies, goals and tactics that drive growth in charitable assets specific to the regions supported Advisor Services and Investor Services business units at Charles Schwab & Co..
- Partnering with Advisor Services sales and service and Investor Services to drive charitable asset growth and provide support to the business units in the achievement of their business goals.
- Establishing an independent business development presence that effectively supports all internal and external customer needs for the region.
- Identifying quality leads among high potential clients and influencers within assigned territory by partnering with both the Adviser Services and Investor Services organizations.
- Developing and maintaining strong, trust-based relationships with Independent Registered Investment Advisors, Financial Consultants and influencers within Investor Services that produce sustainable growth in new accounts and contributions.
- Developing, communicating and delivering territory-focused growth plans and tracking progress toward results.
- Supporting the execution of a turn-key solution for Schwab Financial Consultants to use when discussing Schwab Charitable with their clients and prospective clients.
- Participating actively in the development of tools, templates and resources to maximize the impact of the integrated Business Development and Marketing team.
- Attending/co-hosting regional events and cultivating regionally-based centers of influence to broaden the reach of people who are connected to our clients and prospects. Acting as local “eyes and ears” and providing us with local, on-the-ground intelligence about consultants, their clients and the industry.
What you have:
- 5 + years of financial services investment/relationship management and wealth management experience
- Business development experience with the ability to partner with and influence RIAs and Schwab consultants
- A passion for serving the community and making a difference
- Financial services acumen and the desire to work in a non-profit sector, such as, Schwab Charitable’ s Donor Advised Fund
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting to small and large groups
- Strong business acumen, judgment and discipline
- Leadership and influencing skills with the ability to build rapport and work collaboratively with all levels of management and among many work styles
- Ability to travel up to 50% for internal and client facing commitments
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- College degree, graduate education
- Experience writing complex proposals
- Industry designation such as CFP®, CWS® or CAP®
- Schwab experience
- Financial services and wealth management experience particularly in charitable giving and/or tax and estate planning
- High level of experience in working with CRM tools; Salesforce to document and track sales performance
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - Anaheim, WA - Seattle, CA - Huntington Beach, CA - Los Angeles, WA - Bellevue, CA - Mission Viejo, CA - San Diego, CA - San Francisco, CA - Newport Beach, CA - Brea, CA - Costa Mesa
Activation Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017