We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) is a primary operations dependency for several enterprises across the company (Advisor Services and Investor Services). We deliver on results by ensuring high levels of data entry output while ensuring outstanding quality for our clients.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our El Paso OSAS team you will be responsible for operational processing on new account applications, maintenance requests, client correspondence and general account updates. While no telephone client contact is required for this role, written communication may be required for various tasks.
Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this role:
- Review and process new Schwab brokerage account applications
- Interpret and apply judgment to various requests received
- Utilize a passion for client service, positive energy, and problem solving skills to execute on processing tasks at hand
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality service and meet internal and external client expectations
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
- Those hired into this position may also help in other processing areas with functions requiring comparable qualifications.
Compensation: Employees in our El Paso OSAS teams are paid a salary commensurate with their experience and skills and receive additional compensation for overtime hours. In addition, employees have the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
This position will be filled at a grade level (GL) 52 (Account Administrator).
What you have:
- High School degree or GED required
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in financial services, operations, or client support; or college study in a related field is desired.
- Ability to prioritize routine multiple tasks effectively within well-defined guidelines and time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with superior level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize multiple applications at any one time, including Windows, internet searching, database systems and email
- Solid PC skills and typing speed of at least 30 wpm
- Solid English communication skills both verbal and written
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Passion for working in a team environment – contributing toward departmental and team goals and objectives
- Enjoy working in a structured environment during specified hours as determined by business need
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
Please note: flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are Sunday through Friday 6 am to 7pm MST. Our staffing needs will be evaluated during your first few weeks of training and your initial schedule will be assigned at that time. Depending on your schedule, you may be eligible for a shift differential. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Position Located In:
TX - El Paso