We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, with more than 100 funds and $280 billion in assets under management (AUM), is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
As member of the CSIM’s Business Intelligence Team, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst drives value by providing provocative, differentiating analytics using SQL Server BI Tools and Tableau. This high visibility development position requires interaction with CSIM’s business users and other technology staff members such as Data Integrators, Modelers and Business System Analysts. This position will drive a wide variety of business intelligence efforts across CSIM.
The Senior BI Analyst will be consulting with a diverse cross section of business users along with working with multiple large, vendor-based data sources, Data Warehouse applications to develop, and implement data-driven business and mission critical decisions. This individual will design, develop, and maintain reports, dashboards and data analysis with tools such as SSRS, Tableau, MS BI.
What you’ll do:
- Translate client business objectives into an information management and business intelligence strategy, which is integrated and consistent at the enterprise level.
- Promote and enable the import and export of best practices to and from the account, and link the account to emerging practices in the industry and the BI / data fields.
- Devise and promote creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence.
- Process mapping and efficiency analysis.
- Design, develop, deploy and support SSRS, Tableau, MS BI dashboards on servers deployed enterprise-wide.
- Writes and maintains SQL Server database stored procedures.
- Use SQL to pull complex data from SQL Server DB based backend systems with a goal of presenting and visualizing them in SSRS, Tableau
- Work with business teams to gain a rich understanding and documentation of their business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics and KPIs
- Develop rich interactive visualizations integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Partner closely with cross-function technology team members and analysts to deliver reporting projects that solve business requirements
- Leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision makers.
What you have:
- Experience within a multidisciplinary team to collect and interpret business requirements into optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- A minimum of 8 years of BI experience, 3 of which must be working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Experience with SQL reporting in SSRS / SSIS/ MS BI Suite. Troubleshoot and Support SSRS Reports.
- Experience with data model creation and use of Dimensional Models including Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort working with large data sets and an ability to transform data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work through complex technical situations with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences while maintaining the best interest of the firm
- Experience working within a self-forming team environment utilizing Agile / SCRUM.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Position Located In:
CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver